View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 05:56 AM   #16
boxcar

Smile Final Outcome

Just now finishing our trip to Palisade for the Peach Festival and wine tasting this year. The A/C combination handled the heat though it still required fans for better circulation.

Heat was low to mid 90s. During the day we needed both ACs running and a fan on the dresser to move more cold air from the bedroom into the great room, but we were able to maintain 74 degrees almost all the time. I normally keep the camper at 78 but our guests couldn't handle that temperature.

After the guests left my DW and I were fine with the main AC at 78, the bedroom door shut, and the new vent louvers in the bedroom closed. We then cooled off the bedroom with the new AC in the evening. The bedroom AC is really noisy so now I'm wondering what people mean by the low profile being really noisy - are those even worse? Maybe it's just because it's in your face.

I'm still skeptical about the temperature in the great room in the occasional 105 degree weather in Kansas, but I at least I know we could hole up in the bedroom because the 15KBTU Mach 15 can freeze water when the door is closed.

I was able to measure the height at the local CO-OP awning before leaving the farm and estimated that I'm 13'5". I realized my math was wrong in the previous post and would have been 13'8" based on PSD Andy's measurements and my laser level. However, I'm going to verify the height several more time. But I didn't feel the need to duck my head in the Eisenhower tunnel. We are watching height restrictions on the 2 lane bridges carefully.

Thanks for the help forum members! Here are a few pictures showing how high the new A/C is and why I should have gone low profile. But at least the shrouds match!
Attached Images

B&W Turnover Ball & Companion Hitch
Torklift Stableload Rear Suspension & Revolution Steps
Handi Lift Elevator (not yet installed)
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote