View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 02:29 PM   #15
Jefster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Toy View Post
If you're willing to buy "used" for 16 passenger vans, check your local "Ride Share" sites.

Here in Connecticut, they're state sponsored., and they dump them cheap! May be high mileage, but well maintained. If you buy a new "used" one every year, you're still ahead of the game!

Good Luck,
I got ours from a dealership who got it at auction. Funny story, it turns out our van was previously a department of corrections vehicle, aka a prison transport van. It still has the brackets where they attached the cage that separated the prisoners from the driver. Those brackets, by the way, make excellent mounts for our 2 dvd system
We also discovered after taking the van home that not only could you not lock or unlock the side or rear doors from inside, but you could not open them from inside either! A little detail the dealer missed and they quickly corrected
My kids affectionately refer to it still as "The Prison Van".

But it's a 1 ton passenger van, I'm pulling a whole lot of trailer with it and checked it out on the scales last time out, I'm well within my limits. It's hard to find something that fits a lot of people and can be pulled by a tow vehicle that also fits a lot of people.
Jefster is offline   Reply With Quote