View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 10:56 AM   #34
SkiSmuggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
I called Jason at Andersen on this as it didn't compute with the original steel, gooseneck ball version I have. Unfortunately, there is no documentation available on the website.

Second gen aluminum: Not required to retorque top bolt with weight on trailer. Top bolt 60# and all other specs same as steel version.

He did mention that the steel version top bolt could be torqued to 50-60#, but the original 50# spec should be sufficient. Note that the top bolt should be torqued before the two side bolts. The allen set screws should be checked occasionally to maintain their setting of 40#.

Hope this resolves any confusion on the installation of the three versions.
Not really. My friend's fiver was wandering and wagging during his first tow. He called Andersen and they asked if he had re-torqued to 60# after putting the fiver on the ball. When he said no, they told him to torque it to 60# again with the fiver on it and that would stop the wagging. He did and it did.
I got my 3220 Gen2 about 8 weeks ago and the directions said to re-torque, but to 50# and Andersen said 60#, so we are not all getting the same story. Too loose would be more of a problem than too tight.