View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 05:05 AM   #5
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
That really sucks! Get a DA polisher like a Porter Cable 7424 XP, Meguiars MT300 or Griots 6". All are under $200, Autogeek has a pretty good sale. I personally use a Flex polisher, but they are a bit on the expensive side. If I were buying one just for a once or twice a year RV detail, I'd probably get the Griots. Get about eight 5.5"-6" orange foam polishing pads, I prefer the Lake Country CCS pads. Get a one step polish and sealant, I like Blackfire Total Polish and Seal. Finally, about 10 good quality microfiber towels. Your arms, back, and shoulders will thank you for it and your RV will never look better. All of these products are available on Autogeek.com, they also sell 303 products.

Although a 35'5th wheel can look like a daunting task to tackle, for me it's like therapy. I just relax and enjoy the process.
I've got 2 no-name random orbits, a 6" and a 10". Last year I used Meguiars Premium Marine wax and really liked it. I bought some stuff from Autogeek, Klasse brand cleaner and sealer/glaze for the now gone Corvette. I usually use the small polisher to apply with a microfiber pad. I've never used a foam pad. For some reason I'm scared it will "cut" too much. Not sure if I need the waffle looking pads or flat ones. If I look at Griot's too long my Visa will be smoking.
I'll attack the Montana monster again this fall and do it right. Only real issue is I have some mildew stains on the front cap gray decals. Have to get 3 feet from it to see it. Maybe the foam pads and a cleaner ?
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote