Thread: Tire pressures!
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 10:37 AM   #1
FlyingAroundRV

Tire pressures!

Last week I had my truck serviced at a Ford Dealership. Among the other things they did, they rotated the tires...but they didn't rotate the pressures.
After the service, I felt that the truck drove "differently" somehow. It seemed to pull a little to the left and on our last tow, it seemed like I had to concentrate a lot to keep the truck in the lane and on the road. Also, it felt as if I had a trailer brake dragging, but all the trailer tire temps and the wheel and hub temps seemed ok.
Yesterday, just out of boredom, I decided to do a tire pressure run with my compresser. The rear tires seemed fairly low and after checking the placard, they should have been 75, but were 60. Then when I checkd the front tires. I had to let a lot of air out of them to get them down to the 60 the placard specifies, then the penny finally dropped!
I fixed up the pressures yesterday and what a difference in today's tow. The truck felt like it was on rails and seemd to haul the trailer effortlessly.

Check your tire pressures. They can make your life easy or difficult...and also save you money on fuel.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote