View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 04:52 AM   #78
Stircrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofcy View Post
Where the government messed up is asking us to take a class 1 vehicle inspection test. If you don't get an instructor you have no chance at passing. The driving test isn't that bad though, just the pre-trip.
that's not true, yes it is a class 1 inspection and yes there are some curve balls. the list of everything you have to check is in the book, if not I could scan my test page, if I can find it.

the biggest thing is that you have to do it by the book, I did fail the first one but it wasn't because I didn't know what to check, it was because I assumed that when I checked my first tire and rattled off what all I was looking at/for, then commented that I would be checking every tire for this that that would be ok.. apparently not you have to say the whole spiel at every tire also if you don't have an oil pressure gauge you still have to say I am checking my oil pressure

you only have 25 min to do the test and when I went for my second one 5 days later I made sure to waist every 25 min of there time.

but yes I do know some people who have paid a sum of money to a commercial instructor to teach them and they have had mixed results, just take it seriously and stud/ask questions and you'll be fine.

Steve
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote