View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 11:04 AM   #72
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Actual weight doesn't matter, they will go by the registered GVW of the rv posted on the label affixed to each rv.
And just like any other reason to use weights, the "dry weight" means nothing!!!
It's really important to use the correct terminology because the ICBC use GVW in a totally different manner.
What you are calling GVW in your post is actually GVWR, GVW is what the vehicle weighs at this moment and the factory has no knowledge of that since you put a toolbox in the back and so on. The GVWR is the max a truck can weigh as determined by engineering practices and the relevant authorities. The ICBC defines GVW as 150% of the actual weight which we call GVW. Confused? I have been going back and forth for the last two days with the ICBC folks and have decided to leave sleeping dogs lie. They are so messed up it's unbelievable. I won't post any of it here because of potential unwanted repercussions. Just to give you a hint of how bad this is, the GVW on my truck does NOT take into account my 16,705lb trailer!!! You read the documentation and tell me if they know what they are doing. If you want the doc msg me.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote