View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 09:14 AM   #32
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
What were the ideas to stop a hyd leak on the system? Also if you have a good local electric motor shop many can rebuild the electric motor as well.
You're asking me about the leaking jack I suppose?
They said the 3 bolts at the bottom on a sort of triangular piece has a seal in it, they suggested to remove the 3 bolts, slide that piece down, clean it & the ram very well with silicone spray & reinstall it by turning it 1 hole off from it's original position. Fortunately that worked for mine.
They also suggested to wipe down & spray with the silicone spray each time you retract them & if extended for long periods to operate them occasionally to keep the seals lubricated, these suggestions were also recommended by the factory techs.
You can use WD40 silicone spray, but DO NOT use regular WD40 on the jacks or anything rubber, it will swell it up & ruin it. IMO regular WD40 is only good for rusted bolts.....
Recommended as well by the factory techs was to remove 1 qt of fluid from the hydraulic reservoir & replace with 15w anti stiction oil (motorcycle fork oil). This oil is better for the seals & is not affected by ambient temperature which prevents the jacks from popping & creaking when extended.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote