View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 01:28 PM   #82
MVBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
The only diesel engine that I recall that needed bullet proofing was/is the PS 6.0 which might help & might not. From my experience with the 6.0 you'd be better off to use the bullet to the head of that engine then repurpose it into a boat anchor.
All of the newer diesels are pretty tough & powerful & need no bullet proofing or aftermarket modifications to get the job done.
I am by no means advocating things like deleting the parts that cause the engine life to suffer a short existence, and get horrible fuel mileage, and reduce performance. BUT.... The things (government mandated) that are done to a modern diesel engine dramatically reduce it's life and performance. Raising the temperature to 1000° + to burn off soot in the DPF, and injecting Urea into the CAT, and recirculating exhaust (soot) back into the engine, AND having to cool that in a device the WILL eventually leak and destroy the engine. Not to mention a CP4.2 pump failure that will, well... ruin the engine as well. These are all cause for alarm, and anything that can be done to minimize these effects should be done. IMHO
MVBrown is offline   Reply With Quote