View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #44
DCARLTON

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Good Luck, Danny.

I hope your dealer gets on top of the problem and does you a good job. Finding the cause of a water leak is sometimes extremely difficult, but with persistence, they'll find and hopefully repair it. Keep us posted on what they find and how things progress. Thanks for the update.

So we took our last camping trip on October 26-28, got home, unloaded EVERYTHING from the camper and took it to the dealer on November 2 so they could begin a deeper look into the issue of my soft spot that started at about 1 foot square in the middle of the backside of the 2018 30RIPR floor adjacent to the island.

In their initial investigation prior to this, they determined that the 1 foot square area had grown to be the entire width of the trailer from one opposing slide to the other and was about 2-3 feet wide, now about 24 square feet of floor was severely damaged with a 1 to 1 1/2 in drop.

So, we receive an email from them today indicating that they believe that water is coming from the tires spraying water into the bolts that attach the rv to the frame.

They are sending pics to Keystone and awaiting calls from them. Remember this is on a 2018, put in service the middle of May 2018. Yes we've driven it in a couple of normal rain showers but not any type of flooding rain and has Keystone's Thermal package which one would think would mean you could take it camping in the rain.

Before taking it to them, after reading this thread, I took pictures of this area above the tires to see if there were any damage to the Darco in that area (there wasn't). I did feel small bumps on the other side of the Darco above the wheels which in my experience indicates that the luan has been compromised but my experience had also been that those bumps were caused by water on the other side of the wood.
Georgia
DCARLTON is offline   Reply With Quote