View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 05:09 AM   #6
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Okay, I'll start it.
"The originals were 12 years old when I replaced them last summer."
I'm not sure I would have admitted this.
Why not? They were LT's still in very good shape, always covered and the last couple of years most of our trips were about 150 miles.
I see so many post on here of those running ST tire get a blowout thinking back to maybe hitting a curb, or a bad set of tracks. Heck these tires did this many times and still preformed great.
So many on this site are so happy to get a set of ST tires for their 5er and pay less then $400 for a set of four, then bitch like crazy when one blows after a year of service. I paid over twice that for a quality set of LT same size and weight capacity as the OEM LT tires.
I see all this talk of the ST being "Special" to deal with the scuffing when turning. Well I don't buy that, had a neighbor that ran log truck for years, ran the same casings, be it be steer, drive, or trailer position. When drivers got worn a bit and still had ok tread depth, but traction was down, those were moved to trailer position, then when tread was worn out, they were capped. Could be capped for either drivers or rib tread for trailer use.

Just my personal experience.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks