View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Bob, I just installed the Marinco 30 Amp retrofit kit on my trailer. The plate adapter to replace the mousehole plastic part is just about 3/16 inch smaller and the screw holes don't line up exactly. The hole cut in the trailer skin by Keystone is just a "touch" too big to get a good bite using the existing screws. I used stainless 8/32 screws with oversized fender washers and plastic insert nuts to secure the plate. The rest of the install went without a hitch. My mousehole was on the rear wall between the two rockers. The cabinet that the cord pushed into is a great place to make into a storage cabinet. I ordered a door (same size as the overhead kitchen cabinet doors) and put it on the cabinet. Now we have a little extra inside storage and no potential for "mud on the carpet" from pushing the cable through the mousehole.

I think you said earlier that you worked on marine electrical installations, I'm sure you're well equipped to install a retrofit kit, just wanted to let you know what I ran into doing mine last week.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote