Thread: Soft Floor???
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 07:03 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Danny,

If I remember correctly, in 2014 Keystone was still producing "full weight" Cougar travel trailers as well as XLite trailers and both the full weight and light weight models had the High Country option available. The reason I bring that up is because there is a difference in the way the floor is constructed in the "full weight" and the "light weight" Cougar models.

The full weight ones (both High Country and standard build) had 5/8" Strand board one piece flooring. The XLite models (both High Country and standard build) had the sandwich floor composed of a 1/4" top layer, 2" of foam and a 1/8" bottom layer.

Without knowing which brand, Cougar or Cougar XLite, that your High Country is, it's hard to guess a cause. On the standard weight models with the 5/8" strand floor, I wouldn't suspect any component breakdown, so water is a first guess cause. On the XLite models with the sandwich floor, I'd first suspect lamination breakdown and/or Styrofoam cracking/flaking as the probable cause and water intrusion as a second/third cause for the spongy feeling.

So, it could be, based on floor type, one of several causes.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote