View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #170
ajk170

Mike- I like the power cable and chain hanger that you installed and I see that you use a cover over your power landing leg. The one simple mod that I did to protect my landing leg was as a result of water penetration and destroying the switch that activated the landing leg while we were coming home from the Smokey Mountains causing us to stop at the CW near Ashville, NC - I think it was near there, and have them quote me $450 and 5 hours wait to have it done right there, which I politely declined. Ended up taking it apart once we got it home, researched it a little bit and bought a $8 dollar switch and fixed it myself using a lot of waterproof silicone in the process.

However, my insurance policy is an inverted 5 gallon bucket from HD with a 3" hole cut in its lid (has a rubber seal). The inverted bucket covers the landing leg's head by inverting it over the landing leg and snapping the bucket onto its lid (the landing leg itself goes through the 3" hole) thus creating a weather proof environment for the main assembly of the landing leg (ie the electric motor). Of course, I have to remove the bucket every time I need to operate the landing leg but I would have to remove a cover as well. The clip that you show holding your power cord and chains could work in my set-up but maybe hard to access and hang up and clip. Instead I stuff my cable i and chains inside the LP cover - the cahins somtimes call down but the power cord stays put.

The other added benefit of the bucket is it now serves as a place to put a sticker/decals from every place we visit (big National Park/Site/Battlefield/forrest people). The downside, there is a finite amount of space on the bucket so some decals are starting to get covered up!
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote