View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 08:19 AM   #28
Ken / Claudia

If we are talking about using pepper or OC spray, police grade inside a enclosed space. Do Not Do It.
I have been trained, sprayed and had updated training over 15 years. Used the stuff many times. Spray has real limiting use on humans. They will not just drop and roll around when sprayed. We watched bad guys in prison yards practice how to continue a attack while being sprayed. I will not go into those defensive measures on here.
The whole purpose to use the spray on a human is to prevent an attack, right?
If used during an attack it is to late.
You spray and move away. Or else you get the spray in your eyes. How the heck do you spray a bad guy in a RV and get away fast without taking in all the affects? You won't.
While spraying, we trained 1 man, 1 can. Not just a little quick spray, you make sure the bad guy is covered and if he moves forward it gets worse for him and you back up and get away. Think about spraying a can of paint to cover a wall, that is what you do. Start at the top, hold button down and "S" pattern the spray. Back up, if the bad guy comes forward he is moving into the cloud you made. You must leave the area or you become a victim of your own spray.
If you are legally justified to use the spray, do not warn or just point the can at the attacker. That will allow him to use defense measures to fight though the attack.
If you doubt my advice, go ahead and spray inside your RV and experience it.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.