View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 07:41 AM   #25
chuckster57
Site Team

Having had up close and personal experiences with OC spray, I can tell you that you DONT have to be in an enclosed area with it to be affected. As I previously stated if your DOWN wind of it your probably going to be affected and it is NO JOKE!!! try subduing a combative person as your coating your self with snot, you cant really see anything and he/she is fighting. BTDT enough times....

It is a good option IMO if you take the time to "learn: about it, and that means exposing yourself so you know what its effects are on YOU. I was exposed to various chemical agents to learn how to react given any situation.

there is NO SUBSTITUE for TRAINING!! No matter what type of tool your going to use in self defense. And you cant just do it once, you need to practice regularly, maybe not the actual exposing yourself but at least the actions your going to attempt to take.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.