View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 02:17 PM   #2
dcg9381

Indicated hitch weight is 2055 on the 310RLS.
Ford says that the 2017 F-250, short bed, single rear wheel, crew cab (dunno 4x2 or 4x4) is between 1836-2249 in terms of capacity. I'd call that "at" the limit empty with an RV empty pin at 2055, but in the case of a 4x4, it's actually over... Weight distribution isn't pound for pound when you load a 5th wheel, but you can expect some of it to distribute to the pin.

I don't know that you're going to get a much lighter 5th wheel. That leaves one remaining option, but you're not going to like it.

I like that you're not over on the axle rating, but you are putting a lot on two rear tires.

Honestly, people do this all the time. It potentially a liability issue (although I have yet to see an insurance company deny a claim based on it). People DO tow with overloaded rigs in the 3/4 ton class (you may get that feedback here) but it's certainly not recommended.

Moving to a lighter 5th wheel is one answer, but you won't get one that's very much under 2k in pin weight, IMHO. The other answer involves Ford.

I see these Cougars advertised as "half ton series" in 2018... Maybe that's due to new pickups, but it sounds like quite a stretch...
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote