View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 03:52 PM   #5
craign

Hi all,

I do not have much information regarding old tires as they are all gone now. The original tires were Trailer King, but the right rear suffered a tread puncture in October 2014 and was replaced by a model from China. When the replacement tire failed in 2017 I replaced it with a similar tire from China. Never again. The new tires are Goodyear Endurance with a higher load rating.

Tbos, I agree that an upgrade to wet bolts and thicker hangers may help if not solve the problem completely.

The force generated by the imbalance of a shredded tire could account for some centrifugal force and create axle issues. I spoke with an RV dealer located about 65 miles away. They can't check axle alignment other than to take measurements between the axles and frame to see if some symmetry exists. Once their work backlog goes down I may take the camper there.

Busterbrown, your upgrade sounds interesting. I wish there was a shop in the area that could make suggestions. At a minimum, some level of additional bracing could beef things up. I watch the tires when in tight spaces like campgrounds and gas stations and am amazed at how the tire sidewalls flex. No doubt that some of this stress is also felt by the suspension components.

Thank you all for your thoughts.

Craig
craign is offline   Reply With Quote