View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #31
Eric23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There are 4 or 5 threads in the past 3 years that discuss the "rocking" or "loose" center island. If you do a forum search, you should find at least some historical data about the topic. Remember that trailers are designed to flex and move when being towed and that usually means that they aren't "braced and supported to not move" like islands in a S&B home. What you're seeing may be a "engineered in feature" to prevent the island from coming apart when the trailer is moving down the highway. Then again, yours may be moving more than it should. Your dealer should be able to make that determination.
I hadn't really thought about it purposely engineered like that but its a good point to consider. I'll keep that in mind when we are dealing with them. When I walked in the other 368MBI they have at the dealer the center island moved a little bit but not as much as ours. And our biggest concern was the floor seemed to flex a lot more than it seems like it should. When I walk around the center island without touching it the floor flexes enough to make the center island rock enough to shake anything sitting on it. I'm not a small guy (275lbs) so I had my wife and my friends wife who's less than 150lbs walk around and it did the same thing so I don't think its just my weight. I'm just really worried that its indicative of a major structural issue that is going to be costly and time consuming to get fixed. Only time will tell I guess.

I'll search the forums for these issues to see what I can find. I'm new here and didn't realize that was possible. Thanks for the info!
Eric23 is offline   Reply With Quote