View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 10:11 PM   #5
MattHelm21

I’m using the Reese adapter for the Ford puck system with my hitch and I had to adjust each of the tee pin anchors repeatedly to get it right. The manual for your model includes the following method to remove the vertical play:

“To adjust handle tension when locked; first remove adapter from pucks. Next, while keeping the handle to tee pin orientation, remove the cotter pin. To loosen, rotate the tee pin counterclockwise 1⁄2 rotation, and replace cotter pin. Conversely, if there is too much clearance in the attachments when locked, the clearance can be removed by rotating the tee pin clockwise 1⁄2 rotation, and replacing the cotter pin. If adapter still will not securely pin into under- bed mounting kit, or is still too loose, steps may need to be repeated.”

On mine, I adjusted the tee pins until I was unable to close the handles and then backed them out just enough so the alignment was correct then installed the cotter pin. Now when I close the handles for each puck there is a small amount of resistance as they get to the fully closed position and no vertical play in the adapter at all on any corner. Have you looked into this procedure?