View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 10:58 AM   #45
Dave W

To duplicate my truck I need to 'step up' to an F350 just to be equal to the camper and 5er packages my current truck is equipped with. I've harassed our local dealers and those fantastic deals everyone talks about getting just aren't to be had for what I want and for what I am willing to pay even with a 0% loan. When you pass that $70K mark, my blood pressure spikes, vertigo sets in and my eyes roll back in my head. So, with about 102,000 miles, still getting 18-20 mpg bob tail, all maintenance up to date, just can't justify something new just to impress --- me I like used and the current Ford Certified truck in 2013 had a couple nasty problems in the first 20,000 miles that the PO suffered according to the Ford OASIS report. Since then, nothing but normal and it is an '11 JOB 1 that has been upgraded by Ford to 400Hp/800 lb ft. Yes, I did spend a lot of time looking and yes, there are a couple boxes that if I bought new would have been checked instead of missed, but the price, condition and most of the equipment was right ---- for me.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote