View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #3
danf

I don't have the crossfire, but a 2016 248rks.

These things are made in the cheapest way possible. Part of that is due to keeping cost down and keeping the trailer light. Otherwise, it's just cutting corners.

My biggest beef is with the floor. I'm starting a floor project at the end of August. Evidently one of the roof vents leaked and the water dripped onto the floor and then seeped into the floor via the screw holes for the door threshold. A little caulking here could have prevented this. Other than that the floor construction is just beyond pathetic.

I had some mouse problems that were caused by the mouse door. I replaced that with a socket and cord system. And once I eliminated the mouse door, I had problems with mice chewing through the coroplast. I had to pull back some of the coroplast in order to track down the mice problem. In doing that I discovered that there were water lines laying across heating ducts thereby closing off half the flow in the ducts. All they had to do was either route the water lines differently or use a pipe hanger to avoid this. I really wasn't impressed. I also wasn't impressed with how they cut floor holes for water lines. Three or four inch hole for a half inch line. Once mice get into the coroplast (the basement) they can get into the entire camper.

I had to replace the toilet valve as it started leaking. The last time I hooked up city water, the connection inside the camper where the back side of connector connects to the water line came apart enough to leak water in the camper. It was just loosely connected.

I'm looking at replacing the motor for the awning now as it isn't retracting well.

So that's what I've been dealing with. I don't think these are any different from other light weight trailers at the same price point.
danf is offline   Reply With Quote