View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 09:17 AM   #18
GovGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by twvette View Post
Anyone inquire what the Pro Plus system costs to us? I don't see it anywhere online ....
I reached out to them and asked, below is my question and their response. I underlined the important part about the Pro Plus upgrade.

ASA's reply to a question I submitted: As far as keeping a strong connection - we advise shutting the screen down completely once a week. Every time you hard start the DC it reestablishes a new and strong connection versus letting the existing connection die out and demand a reset on the BCM (Body Control Module).

If you are shutting the system down before issues occur you could have an issue with the signal from the BCM. I can check to see what signal strength you're getting (if the distance between the two pieces is too large this could cause issues). If you haven't shut the screen off and powered on before problems come this should prevent them from happening at all. If not let me know.

We do not sell iN•Command retail, but hypothetically if you wanted the new system you would need to replace both the DC and BCM.

My original question to ASA: I was curious what the upgrade path looks like from the In-Command 7" (Bluetooth DC and BCM) to the Pro Plus direct wired configuration. Do both DC/BCM units need to be replaced or can one simply purchase the newer DC panel and wiring?

I have always experienced BCM disconnection errors and at a minimum, needed to power cycle the DC panel to establish connectivity. At worst, I have to turn off the 12v inverter and then climb into a small cabinet to switch the emergency battery disconnect to power down the BCM.

You've replaced my dead panel already, but it too is having the same disconnection issues I've always experienced since buying the new RV in 2016. Granted it doesn't happen every single time I use it, but it does happen every single trip.
Blogg@ - https://rv-therapy.com/blog/
GovGeek is offline   Reply With Quote