View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 09:43 AM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caoimhin View Post
Thank you everyone for the information.
Just picked up my Raptor last night. It is in great shape but previous owner was a carpenter not a mechanic. Tire pressure was 35psi in all 6 tires. took two stops to find a compressor that would go to 80psi without waiting 10 minutes per tire (truck stop). lost one tire due to a slice in the sidewall. luckily I have a sharp eyed wife who saw it while watching me wrestle with a gas station pay compressor to get the tires up to 60psi. I learned that my floor jack I brought with me was too wimpy to get that beast up off the tire. Walmart parking lot at midnight 12 ton bottle jack 5 minutes we were one our way. I can only imagine what a truck stop on I20 would have charged to swap tires at 1am, and I now have a very capable bottle jack to keep stored on in the trailer.

I really like the idea temp measurement reading on the TPMS to warn you of a problem before you loose air pressure.

Thanks again for the help

KPM.

If I were you I would replace all the tires on the RV before I went anywhere. If that trailer has been sitting, or worse yet been driven, with the tires at 35 psi the sidewalls are more than likely shot. You already had to replace one due to a slice in the sidewall. Cheap insurance and you know what you've got before you take off and tear the side out of your trailer.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote