View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #1
linux3

Middle America Trip Report #3

Just back from 3 weeks and ~2k mile road trip.
1) Detroit Greenfield RV Park. Nice place with a pool and club house but if you REALLY want WIFI you better bring a chair and sit under the repeater pole. Poor!
2) Holland MI state Park. We stayed in the Pines Loop. The good is sites are semi specious and easy to set up. The bad is pine pitch falls on trucks and RVs. Good rating.
The Beach loop is a paved parking lot on the other side of some dunes. Really, you might as well be camping at Walmart.
3) Elkhart Campground. Not a bad place. WIFI if you are near the rec center. Pool, pickleball and more. We liked it.
4) Medina Ohio. Forget the name of the Park.

We went to the Henry Ford and did the museum and F150 plant in one day. If you plan to tour Deerfield Village, that's a whole day in it self. The Ford F150 assemble plant tour was great. I drove up in my Chevy Silverado.
We also went to the GM world headquarters in downtown Detroit. The REC Center. Don't miss it. The Detroit river front is fun to walk and not at all what I expected from Detroit.

We stayed in Elkhart IN and did a tour of the Keystone Hideout plant in Goshen.
Monday - Thursday at 2:00 PM they have tours.
http://www.keystonerv.com/community/...g=plant%20tour
The working day ends at 2:00 PM but lots of overtime going on and we really enjoyed the tour.
We also did a CD let road trip of the towns around Elkhart and the history of the area.
The old City of Medina Ohio was interesting. Small town middle America.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote