View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

LED Update

Came in yesterday afternoon and could smell burnt electronics again. Looked around and found another LED bulb smoked. Replaced but THIS time I paid attention.

Upon inspection the smoked LED was the old 12v only bulb. After looking at it and thinking about it, the original bulb was 12v only as well. How did that happen after changing everything to 12-12v? Well.......

I went to get a new bulb to put in and picked up the open box of bulbs on the top. Pulled out the pack and pulled one out....a 12v bulb. What? Looked at all the rest in the box and all were 12v only! After trying to kick start my brain for a bit I remembered that I had taken the last 10 working 12v bulbs and put them in a box when I removed them. I didn't throw them away. Instead of paying attention, when I had a couple of the new ones flicker I just popped one of the bulbs out and put it in precipitating these smoking bulbs. That box is now in the trash and I have only 12-28v bulbs. Not particularly keen on showing off my stupidity but wanted to give an update.

Edit; meant to say 12/28vdc
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote