Thread: Winterizing
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 06:46 AM   #13
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
I made an air to water adapter for blowing out the system rather than using the adapter with a "valve stem" where you have to hold the air hose on it.

Male 3/4 hose brass fitting to 1/2 NPT male.

1/2 NPT female to 1/4 NPT female brass coupler.

1/4 NPT male air fitting (I use the industrial, brass version).

Screw it all together with teflon tape, attaching a water pressure regulator to the hose end.

Screw the water pressure regulator into the trailer's city water port.

Attach air hose (air pressure now doesn't matter, but I still turn it down to 40-50 PSI).

Turn on air and open faucets one at a time, near to far sequence, including flushing toilet and outside shower.

Attach to black tank flush and blow that out.

Simplifies the process.
You just made my head spin, sounds like a nice setup though.
I just took a 10' hose and cut it off about 4'. inserted the air compressor connection and secured with a hose clamp. I wheel the air compressor out to the camper, set the pressure regulator for 40 psi and connect the hose. When I'm done with that, I remove the air compressor connection from the hose, connect the hose to the winterize fitting (water pump bypass line on some models) and put the end of the same hose into the anti-freeze jug. I cut the hose at 4' so I can set the jug on the ground. When I'm all done, I reattach the air compressor fitting and put the hose in the basement storage container with the rest of my water hoses. One small piece of equipment that does it all and is easy to find.

I used to have the valve stem style, every year it seemed like I was searching for it trying to remember where I put it so "it wouldn't get lost"

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote