View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 09:49 PM   #54
Ken / Claudia

Ok, they are blowing up. What is the cause? What did the TPMS say before, loss of pressure, over heat, nothing? Your 1st post did not have any of that information either. Just you were warned.
I would have the tire co involved and make sure they get them for inspection, sounds like that may be getting done this time. The tire shop should have opinions after looking at them If they do not offer ASK them. I have had 2 blow outs my my truck and looked them over, my case was clear the rubber valve stems ripped out. I had several blow outs on patrol vehicles and each was easy to see why. Full metal valve stems are a must on a heavy vehicle.The tires were not the problem. On the patrol vehicles it was always road debris embedded into the tread. If you do not have metal valve stem get them now, buy them with new tires, 6 bucks each well spent. I am not a tire expert but by looking at the tire it will show reasons for the failure and tire shops at least the managers know what those look like.
Besides RVs trailers there are many other types, mainly work trucks driving around at full GVW every day. I know I weighed them.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote