View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 06:50 AM   #9
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcarlson30 View Post
I need the available 30 amp split into 2 15 amps. I currently do not have any adaptors. I’m looking for recommendations.
Folks are asking why in order to give you a answer that will properly serve your needs. The easiest "off the shelf" method is a 30 to 15 amp plug with a multi plug adapter plugged in next or this https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...SABEgLiWfD_BwE . However that offers NO PROTECTION for overcurrent to either 15 amp outlets and presents the opportunity for an overcurrent condition that could melt the wires and start a fire. To do it properly you would need to construct a sub panel (that's what the breaker panel in your camper is) . The sub panel would have to have a 30 amp male plug feeding a breaker or fuse box that splits each sub circuit with an appropriately sized fuse or breaker and wire to the outlet that needs to be a GFCI. What I just described also needs to be raintight to prevent shocks. The easiest way would be to use, or add an outside GFCI outlet to the outside of your camper.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote