View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 10:52 AM   #4
Pare

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGriz View Post
Hi folks,

The WX here in the Poconos is fantastic for the skiers, and the local ski resorts are flourishing with the fresh 10" that fell last couple of days. However, my DW and I days skiing are days long gone! The snow and the days of record cold in latter December and early January have both of us experiencing cabin fever early this winter season.

So we are talking hopefully being able to get the TT out of back yard in latter February/March timeframe. We'd like to take several days and head south to Florida to visit my family in the Crystal River area. En route, we'd like to stop in the Pensacola/Destin area for a couple nights to visit my nephew and his girlfriend.

I have done some research and see several campgrounds on the beach in the Pensacola/Destin area. Any experiences with campgrounds in this area, recommendation or heck no stay away????

Thanks,
Mike
Last year, April 2017, we stayed at the Destin RV Resort. Very nice place, concrete pads, right on the back Bay, park personnel were very nice...but... Sites were too close together for $110/nite, small pool, only one washer and dryer for the whole place and worst of all, right next to a very busy highway that you had to act like the Frogger game to get across to go to the beach. They won't tell ya that.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using Tapatalk
Pare is offline   Reply With Quote