View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 06:01 AM   #11
Wildhorse

Well we ran a little test last night because ironically the air conditioning died in our house. Since the trailer was out front I started the generator at around 9:30 pm, and at that time the inside temp was reading 98f. I pulled the bedspread off in hopes that the bed would cool down and set both roof AC's to 72f.

We we're in the trailer for the night at around 10:15, but the temp was only down to 95F. The wall that the thermostat is mounted on was heat soaked and the temp wasn't showing much movement. There was enough airflow over the bed though to make it reasonably comfortable until the AC's began to catch up. I don't know what time it happened, but the temps finally came down enough that my wife complained about being cold which was pretty good IMP because the outside temps were about 90f which is 15 degrees hotter than our destinations night time temps are supposed to be.

I think this forced testing was an invaluable lesson to run the roof AC's while driving because they take a long time to cool down a heat soaked trailer. This morning when I put the bedspread back on the bed it was still holding heat. It felt terrible to pick up. The floor under where it was laying was hot still. So the plan is now to definetly run fuel thru the generator all day while on the road. I'm extremely proud of my carbon footprint, and what's a few gallons of gas running thru a generator anyhow? At least now I know the answer to this question now. The Raptor could easily be unbearably hot for many hours with the AC's trying to overcome the sun when we stop driving for the day. We were't even dealing with that last night and they struggled to do so.

2016 Raptor 355TS
2015 GMC Duramax Denali 1 Ton
2017 Polaris RZR XP1000 Matte Gold Edition
2012 Harley RoadGlide Ultra
Wildhorse is offline   Reply With Quote