View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
slewis1694

What a difference the LED's make!

I installed a Tri-metric Battery Monitor that enables me to keep an eye on how much battery power I have been using. One of the first things I noticed was that without turning anything on I am drawing .2 amps. I believe this is for the light in the stock stereo system. I wanted to know how much power one of the stock lights was drawing so I turned on the overhead light just inside the entry door. The monitor indicated I was now drawing 3 amps. That amounts to 2.8 amps or 1.4 amps per bulb. I then switched out the two 921 bulbs for 2 led bulbs and turned the light back on. I was now drawing .4 amps or .1 amp per bulb for a reduction of 2.6 amps. I then replaced the 921 bulbs in 5 more of the lights or 10 more bulbs and was drawing a total of 1.4 amps, half of what I was drawing for the single light fixture with the 2- 921 bulbs. Also, the led lights did not produce any heat like the 921's do!
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers, Trailair Tri Glide Air Ride Pin Box, Curt 20K Slider Hitch, Firestone Dual Air Ride System with Load Lifter Air Bags, Tri-Metric Battery Monitor System, Power Max PM4B-75 Boondocker Converter/Charger, Replaced 2-12volt batteries to 2-6V Trojan T106 batteries, replaced all 921 light bulbs with LED's.
slewis1694 is offline   Reply With Quote