View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 07:55 AM   #86
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles65 View Post
Looks like I can get this for $2700, delivered and installed. I'm tempted, although I'm still getting prices on lumber and a metal roof. I prefer to build the shelter, myself, but I'm still mulling things over. The price includes 12' legs, with 12 gauge steel.
As John mentioned, be sure and do your homework and check around on pricing. Compare components. The one you quote above has the 12ga steel for the posts and cross members I suppose. That's what we got and it was an upgrade from the standard. We also had them place additional bracing across the roof beams due to wind concerns. The standard had 29ga steel panels if I recall and we specified 26ga. The standard also had roof ridges that ran horizontally instead of vertically. We had them installed vertically so snow could slide off instead of build up. We didn't get the rounded edges like the one shown. I wanted a regular sloped roof with built in gutters under the eaves - pretty cool and you don't even see them as gutters. LOTS of options, lots of companies building them and LOTS of variance in the components used so look hard. I talked to about 5 of them all over SE NM and W TX before I got the one I did.

Oh, and I usually like to do things myself as well. Having multiple structures of various kinds of materials I've found I like steel pretty well vs wood or wood products. So much less maintenance and the construction part is what's wonderful - they do it...and can probably have it done in a day if you have the area leveled and ready for them!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote