View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 06:37 AM   #24
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Inverters are not an efficient resolution as a power bank to supplement low amperage ac voltage conditions. I would think an Autoformer would be a better choice for short duration amperage spikes. Someone else may have a better solution but I would suggest doing your due diligence and research any advice given before laying out the considerable cash that is involved. And don't rely on anyone selling said devices for your research as their solution will automatically be the best. YMMV
I hope you did not think I was advocating a solution with what I posted! What I posted I believe was what the OP was talking about and I tried to show the short coming for that as a solution to his supposed problem.

The fact is that if he can get by with using only one AC at a time, then learning to manage which devices that can not be used at the same time, would allow his wife to enjoy her summer at the cape. Chris