View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 05:58 AM   #4
Jim W

Jo,
Hi, we are staying at the Geneseo Campground in Geneseo, IL right now this weekend. We have stayed four three nights for $84 with full hook ups and the Internet. I believe this is like a dollar or two a week to use.

We are on site 26, this is the farthest way from the store and road (not busy at all). We are close to the Hennepin Canal Parkway and brought are bikes to ride on the trail. Town is nice but small will be going there this afternoon with the DW. See wants to check out the shops today.

I would suggest that you follow RT 88 east, exit at exit 6 then take RT 92 East bound. Follow this for a couple of miles, then take RT 82 south for 5 miles. Campground is on the left, right before the bridge repair over the Hennepin Canal. The reason I suggest this is to prevent going thru town with the 5er and the underpass with a 10' clearance and only one car wide. There is a bypass around the underpass but you need to go thru town and fight stop and go traffic with the 5er.

Good luck and enjoy your trip in IL. Sorry but we are busy next week and can not get down to Starved Rock.

Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote