View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 05:49 PM   #18
mtofell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
I recently went out of the country for a trip. I had a chance to talk to a gentleman and his wife from Austria. He asked me about flying to the U.S. and renting a motor home. While we were on the subject he told about his "Ah-V" in Austria, a 7 meter (approx 23 foot) motor home with I think he said a 2.7L 4 cylinder gas motor. Gasoline prices calculated out to be around $5.87 a gallon. He added that roads in the European regions are narrow and tight as well as campsite locations.
Point is, as we reach for the stars here for horsepower and torque, it was interesting to say the least, to here perspective from "the other side of the pond". Our appetite for bigger and more powerful continues and obviously wont stop. Just thankful I guess that we have the roads and ability to travel the way we do with the rigs we have.
As for the 7.3 L? Guess that makes my point.
RMc
Yep... we're big, fat, rich Americans and the rest of the world hates us

Having lived here my whole life and traveled minimally abroad, I am also interested to learn how others do it in other areas. We are totally lucky/spoiled here with the affordability of fuel and the offerings of our RVs. Hauling my 11,000# trailer up into the woods only to live like I do at home is kind of ridiculous.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote