Thread: Odd question
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #9
C.LeeNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENBRO View Post
Thank you to everyone who responded. I will keep it simple and leave on the propane except when refueling. I keep seeing videos of rv’s On fire due to propane lines ruptured on the road so thought I might try the solar battery concept, but it would be complicated. I’ve traveled with propane on and off and it is a big hassle when off due to warmups or using coolers. My wife has threatened my life if I do it again. Thanks for your quick responses and putting my mind at ease.
The "My wife has threatened my life it I do it again" quote was a laugh out loud moment for me!

I seem to remember back in the "old days" there being 3 way fridges that would work off 12volt while underway, but I've never owned one. Maybe they still make them? I don't know. But my experience has been that propane is a pretty safe fuel. I'm totally comfortable with my new rig with the fridge burning propane while underway, and I must say the fact that it will re-light itself if the wind blows it out on the road is pretty cool.

(OK, just re-read that, and honestly, no pun intended!)
C.LeeNick is offline   Reply With Quote