View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 02:10 AM   #3
billstuart

We also have a Super Glide and for the most part I am happy with it. My issues are that it's sometimes a bitch to get it to release and it sometimes 'clunks' on launch after stopping.

To get it to release, I sometimes have to chock the trailer wheels and/or manually activate the trailer brakes, put the truck in reverse and tap the throttle a time or two to move the pin away from the jaws of the hitch.

When I hook up I line up, leaving a foot or so between the hitch and the pin, adjust the landing gear so that the pin box is an inch or 2 lower than the hitch plate and connect the power. Then I get back into the truck, manually activate the trailer brakes, put the truck in reverse, release the truck's brakes and and back into the hitch at idle speed. I can tell by the sound whether I'm hooked, but I then put the truck in drive and tap the throttle a couple times while continuing to keep the trailer brakes manually activated just to be sure.

Happy trails,
Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

Previous RV's:
1992 Prowler 35' Bunkhouse
1986 Fireball 30'
1978 Nomad 24'
1963 Kenskill 19.5'
1972 Dyna Cruiser Camper on '72 F-250
A Tent
billstuart is offline   Reply With Quote