View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #52
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I could write a book.
I'm known in my neighborhood as "the dog killer". I called the cops countless times on both neighbors. Dogs barking all night, lunging at the fence anytime I walk outside, going crazy anytime kids ride by on bicycles, etc. One of my neighbors had 2 expensive bully dogs that wound up dead. I swear I didn't do it. The other neighbor had 2 large dogs on chains. Of course they would get loose a couple times a month. Went charging out in the street when the Police Chief's wife rode by on a bicycle. If I hadn't been there to scare the dog off it could have been ugly. They finally put up a fence and built a kennel. But now the dogs are digging out. No wonder, they are in the Texas sun all day with no shade.
This morning I'm mowing the grass and the neighbor is across the street dragging his dogs by the collars back to his house. I'm thinking it will never end. But I do keep a 357 in the garage in case of an opportunity.
I don't care if you have a pet giraffe. But when it starts impacting my life something will change.
It's not the dogs, it's their lazy owners that won't spend any time training them.
I won't even get into the neighbor that drives around town with his dogs head out the car window and his butt in his face.
Awww Brent, "dog killer"?? I think your still stressed from all the doctor work

With all that dog "stuff" going on around you isn't there some legal recourse against these folks vs killing the animals? If one attacks you I would be having charges filed against the owner. Your description tells me of some folks that shouldn't even have dogs - and therein lies the problem for good dog owners and those that don't want to deal with dogs in general - the lazy "dog owners" that could care less about the animal or those they impact; they should be fined every day that their animals act out because they won't take care of them.

For most of my life I felt about dogs as you do; and still do to a degree. I'm just more in tune with dogs at this stage of my life vs my earlier years and understand the owner's shortcomings vs the animal's. Good luck on your dealings with all those folks.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote