View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 07:30 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrelander View Post
Huh. Our build must have missed the 10% reserve change. We bought ours in May 2017 so it would have rolled off the line in late 2016. Anything built in the fall of 2017 would have the heavier tires per RVIA. The 205 wide tires that came on ours are 2040# and the 215 wide ones listed above are 2200#. That might be a good option to consider although I would still need a good set of 14" rims. Going from D to E would give me the extra 2 plys though and about four seasons of annual 10% load degradation. Too many decisions.

The problem with these little single-axle trailers is that you only have one tire between you and the pavement ... :lol:

Randi, and therein lies one of the biggest reasons to upgrade to a larger tire. I don't know if you have, but I have had a wheel completely separate from the axle on a single axle trailer - not fun, and I was only on a mountain back road. I have however seen many single axle trailers with blowouts etc. on the side of the road. The loss of one wheel on a 2 wheel trailer is far more problematic, and dramatic, than the loss of a tire on a 4 wheel trailer. IMO I would go with the LRDs at the least just for that comfort zone.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote