View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 11:25 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

I cut the screen to fit the outside of the window, put the Velcro hard hooks on the window frame (on yours, on the outer margin of the windows would work, then put the soft Velcro on the hard hook parts and carefully peeled the tape off the Velcro as I held the solar screen in place. Once it was on the window, I let it sit for a couple of days for the adhesive to set up. The Velcro has been on the windows for 5 years now. I don't leave the solar screen on when traveling. I take them off, fold them up (which is why I put the fuzzy, soft Velcro side on the screen) and store them in the pass through. When we arrive at a campground and it's hot with little shade, after setting up and getting things situated, I pull them out, put them on the windows that are in the sun and later on, put them on the rest of the windows after it cools down. No need to rush to put them on the shady side windows in the heat, later in the evening is OK with those windows.

Total cost, somewhere around $30 for the roll of 1" wide black industrial strength Velcro and the roll of 15' of 4' wide solar screen.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote