View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #10
ajk170

So I went out to the TT this weekend to do the A/C vent mods and installed the louvered vents that close and took some measurements of the pass-thru door and main door to the bedroom. Both doors are 24" and 1 3/8" thick. So looking at the french door on-line at the HD and Lowes, I see those are the same thickness. However, I'm wondering if putting two doors that are 1 3/8" in the door frame will make the entrance too narrow to comfortably walk thru. Not to mention maneuvering around two doors inside the small bedroom with the pass-thru door. The current door is bad enough. But, I could reverse the pass thru door if i changed it out - and the door frame via trek wood- and make the door open into the bathroom- that would totally alleviate the door in the bedroom issue. Plus, we're looking to replace the mattress with a queen sleepnumber (despite the elevation issues you have when traveling). We got it free from a family member and the warranty on it is really good so you can replace everything at a fraction of the price compared to a new one. The downside there is it's a full queen so it sucks up another 5 inches over the platform so the already tight bedroom will get even tighter. Changing the direction of the doors and using the french door idea might not be a bad idea!
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote