View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
reubenray

Bittersweet Stocking First RV

About a year ago we (DW & myself) started thinking about a RV. About this same time my Mother was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. We was both temporarily laid off (we both work for the same company). So we made it a point to go back and forth from the New Orleans area to my Parent's house as much as possible (5 hour one way trip). We would make trips every three weeks to take her for surgeries and chemo treatment. I would stay with my Father while my wife would take care of my Mother.

We finally decided on a fifth wheel in between visits. Once we went back to work we would travel from Dallas back and forth every two weeks to see and help them as much as possible. My Mother's sister actually moved in with them to help. We had to cancel the purchase due to my Father passing on February 20 worrying about my Mother (heart disease). We eventually bought our Keystone Cougar two weeks later. Our plan was to get my Mother out and on some trips, but that did not happen.

She went back to her Doctor and her cancer has spread and she gave up. She passed away on April 7 of more of a broken heart than cancer. They was married for 63 years. After the funeral on Tuesday my two brothers and my sister started to pack up the house. We ended up getting a ton of stuff for our Cougar. When we was kids we would go camping in an pop-up camper.

We was able to get towels, cups, glasses, dishes, bath mats, cookware and a ton of other stuff for our fifth wheel. So when we finally get to make our maiden trip they both will be with us in Spirit. I say us mainly because my Mother and my DW were best friends more than in-laws.