View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
chuck&gail

Ok, laugh. But next time your wife isn't looking, swipe some of her olive oil and try some on the valves, bet it helps.

Ok, why olive oil. Started with just antifreeze many years ago. Left some on top of toilet seal. Toilet seal stuck come spring. I got it working, but it was worrysome. Asked dealer, he gave me valve lube. Read ingrediants, coconut oil. It did seem to work on toilet and waste tank vales, smoother operation when dewinterizing. Coconuts are a pain to milk, so I tried corn oil. Worked just as good. Did that for years.

In 2010 bought a toyhauler leftover at a good price. Toilet did not hold water, even after sitting with corn oil on top for weeks. Guess I'll need to replace seal, grumble grumble. Asked wife what was a more expensive oil like coconut oil. She said her extra virgin olive oil was very expensive, so I tried it on toilet seal. Problem fixed in a week by letting maybe 1/2 cup sit on top of seal! I now use normal olive oil to lube waste tanks, and toilet, seals. No sense wasting extra virgins. Oh and toilet seal has held water fine ever since. Only a few years so far, but seems to make waste valves easier to operate also.

Trial and error sometimes works.

As far as salads go, I'm too far up the food chain to eat salads. Rabbits eat salads, I eat rabbits.
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going
chuck&gail is offline   Reply With Quote