Thread: Meet & Greet
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Keystone, (the factory) doesn't sponsor any owner's club that I know of. Anything that's organized would probably be a local club. It would be nice to have some type of M&G, but I'd think it would probably be local and limited. There isn't any "formal organization" to sponsor it, from what I've been able to determine.
Sunline went out of business in 2007. The online club sort of became the de facto owner's club, mostly for tech support initially, and then for social as folks met each other. The big rally in PA in June attracted at least 50 units this past spring.

Not really looking to Keystone for anything, even though they could take a page out of Airstream's book. The Wally Byam Caravan at any level is one heck of an owners group.

Since there are lots more Keystones than Sunlines, the only thing stopping folks from organizing and attending M&G's is themselves. If someone were to plan a M&G, I suspect som folks would show up.

The first year I planned a M&G in the Adirondacks for Sunlines, I expected 3 or 4 units, but got 11. That's pretty decent for openers.

Newmar has regional and national rallies every year with hundreds attending at the regional level, and thousands at the nationals.

It's doable if people want it.

It would be very easy for this forum to become an organization to do things like this.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote