View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 05:57 AM   #3
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpegg01 View Post
My kitchen sink won't drain, I have checked the Ptrap and it's clean. RV is only 3 weeks old so highly unlikely I have a clog elsewhere but possible. However I was told I do not have the optional second grey tank yet I have noticed the level of it on the control panel shows full???? Don't know if that's a faulty reading or maybe there is a second tank that wasn't plumbed out. I have one blank tank valve handle and one grey tank valve handle, I do not have a second handle unless it's hidden somewhere??????
Basically, what Javi said.

"I was told" without saying who doesn't validate the information to us and it should not to you. If your dealer told you that on the PDI, it's wrong, wrong, wrong.

Check the specs on your trailer online or in the brochure if you have one. It says 2 gray tanks.

Look at the exposed black ABS drain pipes under the trailer. If it looks at all similar to this, you've got a second gray tank. (Click on the pic to view it in a larger format.)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0536_640x480.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	14352
The smaller 1.5" pipe to the right of the dump fitting is the drain line for the kitchen sink. It angles up into the bottom of the trailer directly below the sink. The handle visible in the pic is the dump valve for the sink in the extended position. When it is pushed up and closed, it's only a few inches from the underbelly.

For reference, the larger 3" pipe going off to the left is fed by the black tank and the gray tank from the bathroom.

It's possible that the handle has gone missing. There will still be hole in that location where it was. A replacement shaft and/or handle can be purchased online or at any RV dealer's parts counter.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote