View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #18
Alamen

Ok just to be clear a 1 ton short box is really a regular box at 82". A 1/2 ton short box is 67", so far shorter. A 1 ton long box is 98". So maybe not as short as some think. If I was looking to buy again I would look at buying a Dually if I could get away with it rather than concern myself with box length on a SRW. I pull a 35' Montana with a short box 1 ton Superduty and have never ever ever even come close to being concerned about sway. High wind, rigs, nothing upsets the truck and trailer. Its incredible how stable it feels BUT like a lot have said in far better terms than I can express that a Dually is as stable as it gets and trust me I would have bought one if the budget allowed at the time.

Things to remember is this. 1) If you go shorter box on 1 ton and decide later you want a camper you will have issues getting a decent length on the truck. 2) If you go long box on a SRW you can get a decent camper but weight is the issue. 3) If you buy a Dually then none of that matters PLUS if you decide you are going to get a bigger trailer or maybe just one with a far superior build you can haul that added weight without issue.

Don't buy a truck that will put you near your max, buy one that you can grow if needed. Our trailer at 35' is big enough for the wife and I for now, BUT to tell the truth we thought our last one was big enough at 26' LOL. See what I mean? At near 14000LBS loaded I doubt I would want to haul more weight with the SRW to be safe and plenty stable without going near max on weights. Hence why I said I really should have looked at a Dually. (for the future)
Alamen is offline   Reply With Quote