Thread: Solar Plug
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
mikef

Solar Plug

I have a 2018 Keystone 2400bh and it has a place to plug in a solar panel on the front of the unit. It’s a vertical adapter with two connectors. This is the same as you would see with a trickle charger or a solar panel. (Not the Furrion adapter).

I called Keystone and asked if I could plug in an electric trickle charger and was told it would work. I then hooked up the trickle charger and it flashed for a long time indicating it wasn’t working. I then spoke to two people at the dealer and one said it only works with solar and the other said it should work.

Therefore I thought I would ask the experts in the community. I read about Zamp plugs and that is what it looks like. I read that the positive and negative are reversed in Zamp for some reason.

I am wishing to use a solar panel to keep the battery charged. I am familiar with panels and controllers, etc. just hoping I could simply plug it in versus direct connect to the battery.

I did see another thread on the topic but didn’t see a conclusion. Hoping someone was able get a good answer to the question.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mikef is offline   Reply With Quote