View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Tips for Springdale owners:

1. Take the A/C inside cover off and check the 4 bolts that hold it on the roof. One of mine was not installed (just dangling) and 1 was very loose.

2. While that cover is off, check to see how the A/C ducts are sealed. Mine were not sealed well and were blowing cold air into the rafters. A few yards of aluminum duct seal tape and all is well (DON'T use fabric duct tape). My how much more air comes out of those vents.

3. Take off the heat registers and use a flashlight and mirror to check the ducting. It's probably full of sawdust, and may well have seal problems also.

4. Look where the water inlets are located (from inside the trailer) You'll probably find that there is no insulation in the 3" hole sawed in the side of your trailer.

5. Check the back of the outside shower (the side inside your trailer) Chances are there's no insulation there.

6. Check the skylight in the bath. You may find a sheet of plastic film between the two parts. Mine had a fold which looked like a crack is the only reason I even noticed it.

7. Watch for splinters on the bed frame. The 1/2 inch OSB used as the base for the mattress is not finished on the edges. They have significant splinters and reaching under the mattress to lift the frame could be a suprise that bites you on the hand LOL

Overall, I'd say that Springdale builds a good trailer. Surely none of the things I mention here will cause a significant problem (other than the A/C possibly falling off) but if they exist, they can degrade your trailering experience and we all want that to be the best it can be

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote