Thread: "China Bombs"
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 09:54 AM   #22
Ken / Claudia

Ok, it was not real fair to ask a question and not explaining. I just thought some would know.
I see many more times the number of tire failures on passenger vehicles than RV trailers because there are many more passenger vehicles on the road than RVs.
But, my point is there are many blow outs/flats on passenger vehicles with any brand tire and I beleive after dealing with them that the reasons tend to be the same, age, under inflation etc. Granted the P, LT tires or any on a passenger vehicle last longer and might hold up better, but many people drive them into the cords, or under inflated or even 20 years old with tread still on them. Most just drive to side of road and do not have vehicle damage. So we do not hear much about them.
My testing ground is the freeway with around 200,000 vehicles passing thru daily. Thats 1 road. I worked many miles on other roads, I just do not have the vehicles counts on those.
I did see 3 deaths caused by rotten/ wore out tires resulting in a crash. One a sports car, a fire truck and a motorcycle in 12 years of patrol work. That's why I am not a China bomb name caller.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote